About the program
Assistance League® of Los Angeles’ Preschool Learning Center provides a safe, nurturing environment to promote the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children of low-income families.
Our program’s philosophy is that children learn best in a supportive environment that provides hands-on learning experiences. Our school curriculum and programming continues to receive accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
40-60 students are provided with free meals annually
Accreditation by the NAEYC places our program in the top 90% of all preschools nationwide.
40-60 children receive a preschool education annually
As seen in
Preschool Learning Center highlights
- Education provided at no or at very low cost to children ages three to five years old from low-income families.
- Inclusive of all families without regard to sex, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or handicap.
- We provide special learning materials and outdoor play equipment.
- Our program is underwritten by the California Department of Education and the California Child and Adult Food Program.
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
The League Preschool is supported by the Preschool Auxiliary and Founder Assisteens Auxiliary. The Preschool Auxiliary has supported the League’s Preschool since 1924, offering support and dedicated fundraising to make the school extra-special!
The Founder Assisteens Auxiliary partner with the Preschool Learning Center to create supplemental curriculum, engaging new projects, and holiday fun! With their fun fundraising, creativity, and energy, League Assisteens provide the Kindness Initiative, school supplies, groceries, gifts and more to very excited Preschoolers!