Careers at Assistance League of Los Angeles
COURT REFERRED VOLUNTEER CENTER (CRVC) REFERRAL SPECIALIST
Van Nuys/Chatsworth/San Fernando
Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC), an agency of the Assistance League, is responsible for helping Los Angeles nonprofit and public agencies recruit and manage the volunteers they need to successfully deliver on their missions. The CRVC program, which places more than 50,000 court-ordered volunteers with over 350 agencies every year, is currently recruiting a CRVC Referral Specialist. This position rotates to various courthouse locations within the San Fernando Valley as needed (Van Nuys/Chatsworth/San Fernando).
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
This position will refer Court-Referred Volunteers (CRV) to participating non-profit organizations throughout the Los Angeles area, where they perform court-ordered work assignments. This position is also responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with other Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC) staff, court personnel, and outside contacts. This position is 7.5 hours/day, Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately inputs client data into proprietary software program.
- Interviews Court Referred Volunteers (CRV) and maintains control of interview process.
- Ensures CRV referrals are consistent with court orders.
- Maintains accurate CRVC information in client files.
- Performs daily inspections of own CRVC intake work.
- Maintains confidentiality of CRVC staff and client records.
- Reconciles client intake fees collected and transaction records.
- Maintains business attire suitable for Court environment.
- Answers phones and performs various clerical duties.
- Attends CRVC meetings as required.
- Provides coverage in various satellite office locations as needed.
- Treats all clients equally and with dignity and respect.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable learning and using various computer software programs.
- Solid inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Have own transportation and a clean DMV record.
- Must be “fully” vaccinated as required by Los Angeles Superior Court guidelines.
- Valid/Current Automobile Insurance.
- Enthusiastic team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of college or equivalent in office experience.
- Customer Service and clerical/office experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within a multi-task environment.
- Proficient Spanish speaking/writing a plus.
- Cash-handling experience in service-oriented environment an asset.
Job Type: Full-time – (7.5 hours/day)
Pay: $16.48 per hour
INTERESTED APPLICANTS CAN APPLY AT: firstname.lastname@example.org