Careers at Assistance League of Los Angeles
COURT REFERRED VOLUNTEER CENTER (CRVC) REFERRAL SPECIALIST
Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC), an agency of the Assistance League, is responsible for helping Los Angeles nonprofit and public agencies recruit and manage the volunteers they need to successfully deliver on their missions. The CRVC program, which places more than 50,000 court-ordered volunteers with over 350 agencies every year, is currently recruiting a CRVC Referral Specialist.
This position rotates to various courthouse locations within the San Fernando Valley as needed (Van Nuys/Chatsworth/San Fernando).
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
This position will refer Court-Referred Volunteers (CRV) to participating non-profit organizations throughout the Los Angeles area, where they perform court-ordered work assignments. This position is also responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with other Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC) staff, court personnel, and outside contacts. This position is 7.5 hours/day, Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately inputs client data into proprietary software program.
- Interviews Court Referred Volunteers (CRV) and maintains control of interview process.
- Ensures CRV referrals are consistent with court orders.
- Maintains accurate CRVC information in client files.
- Performs daily inspections of own CRVC intake work.
- Maintains confidentiality of CRVC staff and client records.
- Reconciles client intake fees collected and transaction records.
- Maintains business attire suitable for Court environment.
- Answers phones and performs various clerical duties.
- Attends CRVC meetings as required.
- Provides coverage in various satellite office locations as needed.
- Treats all clients equally and with dignity and respect.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable learning and using various computer software programs.
- Solid inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Have own transportation and a clean DMV record.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as required by Los Angeles Superior Court guidelines.
- Valid/Current Automobile Insurance.
- Enthusiastic team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of college or equivalent in office experience.
- Customer Service and clerical/office experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within a multi-task environment.
- Proficient Spanish speaking/writing a plus.
- Cash-handling experience in service-oriented environment an asset.
Pay: $16.48 per hour
COVID-19 considerations:All employees will follow Los Angeles Superior Court’s COVID guidelines which includes proof of full vaccination.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
PART-TIME RECEPTIONIST/TEACHER ASSISTANT
Preschool Learning Center - Hollywood
Assistance League of Los Angeles operates the Preschool Learning Center, a small, nurturing, nationally accredited Preschool with approximately 50 students. The Preschool serves children from low-income families, ages 3 – 5, free of charge.
Overview of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Preschool Director, the Part-Time Preschool Receptionist/Teacher’s Assistant will provide receptionist and clerical services for the preschool office, classroom/playground backup as needed, and will perform other job-related tasks as requested by the Preschool Director or Assistant Preschool Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Answers phones, greets visitors, and assists parents and visitors
- Maintains a respectful, tidy, safe, and caring environment
- Performs general office duties
- Manages student sign in / sign out sheets
- Is familiar with emergency procedures
- Works with and maintains confidential information
- Works independently; sometimes with frequent interruptions
- Interacts and develops relationships with staff, students, parents, and community partners
- Assists teachers in classroom and playground as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Requires minimum 12 Early Childhood Education course units
- Requires minimum six months of classroom experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- General office skills: emailing, scanning, photocopying, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with children
- Must have Associate Teacher’s permit
- Will be required to pass fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice, FBI, and Child Abuse Index
- Requires health clearance, updated immunization records, proof of TB test and CPR/First Aid certification
- Classroom experience with 3 – 5-year-olds is preferred
- Bilingual (English and second language, preferably Spanish) speaking, reading, and writing skills strongly preferred
- Ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures
- Experience providing clerical support
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Pay and Hours:
- Pay: $18.50 per hour
- Four (4) hours daily: 2PM – 6PM (preferred), Monday – Friday
- Preschool is open 7AM – 6PM
- Provides year-round employment: NAEYC-Accredited Preschool is a year-round school
To Apply: Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org