Operation School Bell (OSB) provides new school clothes to 5,000 Los Angeles Unified School District students from impoverished circumstances. By working with these children, we improve school attendance, promote learning and enhance self-esteem.
Foster Children’s Resource Center aims to bolster the self-esteem of young people in the foster care system by providing school uniforms, jeans and tops, sweat suits, jackets and backpacks filled with school supplies and personal care kits.
Through a combination of fundraising and professional support, our pre-k services are able to be provided free of charge to children from low-income families ages three to five years old.
Hollywood Children’s Club works with the Department of Child & Family Services and the Los Angeles Unified School District to provide new clothing and childcare necessities for new parents living in poverty.
Theatre for Children brings the joy and wonder of live theatre to low-income children and their families, many for the first time. The oldest children’s theatre in Southern California, Theatre for Children produces and performs two full-scale, originally-written and scored musicals per year based on classic children’s literature.
Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC) enables defendants to complete their community service sentences by matching them to nonprofit agencies and their program needs. The program allows defendants to make restitution to the communities they have wronged, provides nonprofit agencies with volunteer labor and instills in the defendant a sense of civic responsibility.
They were “society” women of the early 20th century. Dedicated, compassionate and amazing. They saw a need. They worked hard. And they also threw some great parties — to raise money. Now their daughters, their granddaughters, and even their great-granddaughters have become part of that tradition.
What started as help for those devastated by the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, has grown into a force for real change. Each generation has brought their creativity and vision — finding new ways to help kids and families who desperately need it.
But we’re still not satisfied. In these next few years, we have plans to expand what we do to make an even more significant impact on poverty in L.A. We’re positive we’ll find a way to make it a great time for all involved.
Today, we may be reaching as much as 10% of those in need. But guess what? We think the other 90% is within reach. Bring your ideas, bring your sponsorships, and most importantly bring yourself. Together, we can give every child an equal chance.