INVENTORY & WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST
(OPERATION SCHOOL BELL)
Inventory & Warehouse Specialist position available now.
The Inventory & Warehouse Specialist (IWS) oversees clothing inventory and other supplies necessary for service at Operation School Bell (OSB) locations, including the Los Angeles workspace and stockroom, separate warehouse facility, OSB on Wheels trailer and other storage areas. The IWS promotes the services of OSB and the League through excellent communication and working relationships with co-workers, members, volunteers, clients, vendors, and others.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Receives merchandise from manufacturers, checks the accuracy of orders and signs off on the inventory packing slip upon confirming full receipt of goods
- Inspects, counts, and organizes the merchandise. Stocks and stores merchandise at several different local sites including the Los Angeles main location
- Unloads, unpacks, and puts away merchandise
- Breaks down boxes, unwraps clothing, laces shoes, and restocks items
- Picks up items from local manufacturers using company vehicle. Submits receipts for gasoline and maintenance using approved form and procedure
- Maintains Master Inventory records using inventory software and makes timely updates as inventory is received and distributed
- Provides regular accurate reports (verbal and written) of inventory levels and needs
- Updates annual calendar as events, activities and tasks are scheduled
- Maintains sufficient levels of clothing, books, dictionaries, and other supplies at all times
- Works with supervisor and buyers to place orders efficiently in order to manage budget and ensure items are not under-or over-stocked
- Receives and/or picks up donations. Provides a donation receipt to donor
- Ensures all OSB facilities are safely and neatly maintained at all times
- Upon arrival at school sites, manages set up of chairs, tables, and canopies, as well as all merchandise and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular hours are 9:00am – 5:00PM, Monday-Friday, except on OSB Wheels days or as directed by supervisor
- OSB Wheels days start at 6:30am at specific school sites on scheduled days
- Occasional weekend or evening work is required
- Experience in inventory management and control, preferably in a similar environment or the retail sector
- Computer and Internet skills including Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook required; previous experience with inventory management software preferred
- Experience tracking and managing budget expenditures
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with individuals of all ages, including children
- Experience working with and assisting others in a diverse setting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a clean driving record at all times
- Maintain and be able to provide proof of personal automobile insurance at all times
- Maintain courteous and professional demeanor at all times
- Able to spend periods of time driving, standing, walking, bending over, reaching, lifting and performing other physical duties, both indoors and outdoors
- Able to frequently lift, move and carry materials and boxes weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to operate lift gate, hand truck and other equipment as needed
- Able to perform all duties in a safe manner
Starting Salary Range:
$16.00 – $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Assistance League® of Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages applicants of any age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or gender to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org