Overview of Position:
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board President and assists the Membership & Development departments as needed. The EA acts as a liaison between the Executive office, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, members, and staff, and manages a smooth flow of work and activities within the League.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains files, answers phones, and provides administrative support to CEO and Board President
- Schedules in-person and remote meetings, calls, and appointments and maintains the calendars of the CEO and Board President
- Utilizing Zoom, Teams and other video conferencing platforms, oversees arrangements for remote meetings chaired by the CEO and Board President
- Prepares for all Board and other meetings by producing meeting notices, materials, minutes, and provides related logistical support
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes of Board and other meetings, including the Annual meeting
- Drafts, writes, and edits correspondence, forms, reports, and other documents for the CEO and Board President
- Drafts and produces internal and external communications using Constant Contact
- Assists with upkeep of League website via WordPress
- Manages League printed materials such as brochures, letterhead, etc.
- Provides support for mass mailings and other projects and activities for CEO, Board President, and Membership & Development departments
- Assists with the revision of membership handbooks, bylaws, and other documents
- Is responsible for the League’s social media calendar
- Updates posts and blogs per social media calendar including time-sensitive updates, pre- and post-event communication, driving content, coordinating blogs and volunteer and external communications
- Professionally and cordially assists members, staff, and visitors as needed
- Assists with and attends special events as needed
- Performs other duties, including reception, as required
Experience and Qualifications:
Any combination of experience and background that qualifies the candidate to fulfill the responsibilities outlined above. An individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous executive assistant experience supporting senior-level executives and Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of experience working in a similar capacity, preferably at a non-profit organization
- In lieu of degree, minimum eight years of experience working in a similar capacity at a non-profit organization
- Ability and desire to provide all levels of administrative support
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, internet applications and research
- Proficiency with WordPress, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, Constant Contact, Eventbrite and SignUpGenius
- Aptitude with digital media including social media, online platforms and websites, and comfortable learning new digital media programs
- Graphic design experience is highly desirable
- Possesses excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor when communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the organization and with members, volunteers, and others
- Ability to organize tasks efficiently, meet deadlines and perform an array of duties in a fluid environment, both independently and as a team member
- Valid California driver’s license
- Core physical and remote office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm (7.5 hour workday); must be able to occasionally work other days and hours depending upon supervisors’ schedules and specific requirements of the position
Non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience
Interviews will take place within the next 10-14 days via a virtual platform. Desired start date between July 6 and July 15, 2020.
Assistance League® of Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply: