The Assistance League of Los Angeles exists to turn despair into hope amongst LA’s most vulnerable population: children living in poverty. Our programs provide educational support, arts enrichment, quality preschool, school uniforms and supplies, and emergency clothing and supplies to foster children. The League helps remove barriers to education, helping disadvantaged children stay in school so they may lead fulfilling, productive lives. www.asssistanceleaguela.org
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter in MS Word or .pdf format to HR@assistanceleaguela.org. The League is an equal opportunity employer. We want to have the best available persons in every job. The League prohibits discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, perceived medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation.
COURT REFERRED VOLUNTEER CENTER (CRVC) REFERRAL SPECIALIST
(primary location: 14400 Erwin Street Mall #103, Van Nuys, CA 91401)
1. Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC), an agency of the Assistance League, is responsible for helping Los Angeles nonprofit and public agencies recruit and manage the volunteers they need to successfully deliver on their missions. The CRVC program, which places more than 50,000 court-ordered volunteers with over 350 agencies every year, is currently recruiting a CRVC Referral Specialist. This position is located in Van Nuys, California, and will be required to work in other locations as needed.
Overview of Position: This position will refer Court-Referred Volunteers (CRV) to participating nonprofit organizations throughout the Los Angeles area, where they perform court-ordered work assignments. This position is also responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with other Court Referred Volunteer Center (CRVC) staff, court personnel, and outside contacts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Interviews Court Referred Volunteers (CRV) and maintains control of interview process.
- Ensures CRV referrals are consistent with court orders.
- Maintains accurate CRVC information in client files.
- Performs daily inspections of own CRVC intake work.
- Maintains confidentiality of CRVC staff and client records.
- Reconciles client intake fees collected and transaction records.
- Maintains business attire suitable for Court environment.
- Answers phones and performs various clerical duties.
- Attends CRVC meetings as required.
- Provides coverage in various satellite office locations as needed.
- Treats all clients equally and with dignity and respect. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Have own transportation and a clean DMV record.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Valid/Current Automobile Insurance.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
- Two years of college or equivalent in office experience.
- Customer Service and clerical/office experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within a multitask environment.
- Proficient Spanish speaking/writing a plus but not a requirement.
- Cash-handling experience in service-oriented environment an asset.
Salary: $14.00 /hour – Full Time Position
2. RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR – Full Time
(Primary location: 826 Cole Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038 – main office)
Overview of Position:
As Receptionist, serves an integral role at the League by greeting, welcoming and directing all visitors and callers appropriately and professionally. Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks including mail distribution and flow of correspondence. As Administrative Coordinator ensures a smooth flow of work and activities by completing given assignments. Assists in facilitating work and projects related to all areas of administration including executive assistance, membership, development, office management, accounting, and human resources.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains safe and clean reception and visitor area by following office procedures
- Supports and maintains continuity with staff by communicating appropriate information
- Answers incoming calls, provides information, and routes calls as needed
- Greets and directs visitors
- Cordially assists members, staff, auxiliary members, volunteers and visitors
- Prepares rooms for meetings/classes and assists in event preparation as needed
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing as needed
- Composes correspondence as needed
- Coordinates mailings, creates forms and maintains records and other documents as directed
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and data
- Schedules meetings, calls and appointments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Previous receptionist experience
- Previous administrative assistant or clerical experience
- Minimum three years of experience working in a similar capacity, preferably at a non-profit organization
- Solid front desk experience working in a busy environment with the ability to multitask
- Must be able to work part-time schedule of 1:00pm – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Provide all levels of administrative support including taking accurate, detailed fast notes, scheduling meetings, answering phones and performing routine administrative duties
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to manage projects, competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel; internet applications; research and social media
- Must possess excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with representatives from various communities, organizations and neighborhoods with respect to diverse populations and cultures
- Possesses a high level of personal and professional integrity, mature judgment and discretion
- Possesses a strong work ethic, takes initiative and requires minimal direction
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to convey information clearly and accurately
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimum supervision
- Presents a professional appearance and manner
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Compensation: $15/ Hour Full-Time Position